Most California New Business Filing Fees Are Now $0 (Free)
Many California new business filing fees have recently been lowered to $0 (free). This development is welcome news to entrepreneurial hopefuls, but what does it really mean?
Below, we’ll break down everything you need to know about the new California business filing fees. We’ll explore which filings are $0, the types of business entities you can now form for less, and anything that’s changed with regard to starting a new business in the Golden State.
What CA formation documents are now $0 (free) to file?
Most California new business formation documents are now free to file, including:
- Articles of Organization (LLC)
- Articles of Incorporation (Corporation)
- Application to Register (Foreign LLC)
- Statement and Designation by Foreign Corporation
- Certificate of Limited Partnership
- Application for Registration (Foreign Limited Partnership)